Pages - Menu

Monday 7 July 2014

My Debt Confession

I confess, I am in DEBT. I am a twenty-something, with no cash in the bank, living out of my brother's spare room with nothing to show for the mountain of debt I am in except for the direct debits totalling £435.53 a month leaving my account and paying off whatever the hell it is I've bought.

I've had my lightbulb moment, it's time for a change.

I've been lurking in the blogosphere for some time now, reading PF blogs and feeling inspired, promising myself a new start and that I will make the change but the truth is I'm still in debt. I am well and truly In The Red.

I  have decided to try a new approach; new blogs on the subject of debt are popping up here, there and everywhere - with the bloggers success clearly visible for readers to see, if it's keeping them motivated and on the straight and narrow, perhaps it will do the same for me? I can only hope.

So here goes, my 18 month journey towards financial freedom. My 18 month effort to leave behind Miss In The Red, and become Miss Financially Stable.

18 months of saving and debt repayment.

By December 2015, I WILL have control of my finances. My debt WILL be almost, if not completely non-existent. I WILL have money in the bank towards my dream of homeownership.

What does this entail?

Paying off my debt, having money saved and leading an all round, more frugal lifestyle.
It's time for a complete life overhaul.

Debt Breakdown:

Loan £5,096.37
Credit Card #1 £1,875.00
Credit Card #2 £2,957.33
£9,928.70


Thank you for reading, I hope you'll stick around.x

No comments:

Post a Comment